Nature and society are major issues in Cuba´s scientific program.
Matanzas, Mar 30 (Prensa Latina) Habitat management is one of the scientific programs carried out today by Cuban specialists in the western province of Matanzas, with a common approach to nature and society managements. ‘Sometimes it is thought that the environment is only an environmental issue when social and local development problems also belong to it,’ explained José Miguel Borroto, executive secretary of the project. This initiative brings together scientists and representatives of institutions or companies that, along with local delegation of the Ministry of Science, Technology and Environment (CITMA), guarantee financing in a two-and-three-year short cycle, said the expert.
Borroto considered that this experience really offers favorable outcomes for the Monetary Overhauling, while the Habitat Management team is currently working on those proposals to be implemented this year. ‘The purpose is to shorten research time and a better use of scientific resources in Matanzas, hence the significance of proper management,’ he stressed
More from Green NewsMore posts in Green News »
More from Latin AmericaMore posts in Latin America »
More from Science & TechnologyMore posts in Science & Technology »
- Unexplained extinction of sharks 19 million years ago
- Ford follows GM, VW with two new dedicated EV platforms by 2025
- Carbon emissions drop across Europe in 2020 – Eurostat
- Spanish astrophysicists discover a new region of the Milky Way.
- Nature and society are major issues in Cuba´s scientific program.
- Chinese automaker Geely sets up new Electric Vehicle brand
More from Social NewsMore posts in Social News »