Agile Leadership for the new Green World
Agile Leaders are inclusive and democratic leaders who show greater openness to new ideas and innovations. They are passionate about learning and focusing on developing people. They possess solid abilities to redefine and communicate the new vision and helping their institutions or countries become agents of change.
Traditional leadership practices are outdated and ineffective in today’s world. Research has proven that over 70% of people are actively disengaged, and bad leaders are the number one cause of their dissatisfaction. But it doesn’t have to be this way. Agile Leadership is an entirely new approach to leading people. Agile Leaders are re-engaging their people, revitalizing their institutions, and changing the practice of how works and processes get done. It’s Leadership for the next generation of business leaders!
1. Have a clear vision
2. Believe in their mission and live by it
3. Focus on what matters- delivering value
4. Their goals must inspire others to contribute to and make those goals their own
The most crucial thing agile leaders do is foster a culture that supports experimentation and learning and constantly seeks better outcomes and better ways of achieving those outcomes. The challenge for new leaders is that they can not dictate the culture; they can only create the right conditions for it to emerge. Leaders can’t control all factors; however, they can help people to manage them.
Agile leaders play an important, even essential, role in scaling agility in the new world. Modern societies need supportive leaders to frame the right goals, embrace and reward learning, and motivate people instead of intimidating them. Leadership reinforces and strengthens people and vice versa.
More from Green EducationMore posts in Green Education »
More from Green NewsMore posts in Green News »
More from Social NewsMore posts in Social News »
More from TrendingMore posts in Trending »
- Australia’s top economists back intervention to speed switch to electric cars
- Pope Francis demands solidarity with refugees
- How can you help save the planet? Go Vegan
- E-waste endangers human health
- NASA’s Perseverance Rover begins 1st science campaign on Mars
- Reviving Ecosystems, Reimagine, Recreate, and Restore
More from World LeadersMore posts in World Leaders »